By Maria C.W. Peeters, Jan de Jonge, Toon W. Taris
This is the 1st finished review of labor psychology, with insurance of vintage versions, present theories, and modern matters affecting the 21st-century worker.
- Examines the good points of work–motivation, functionality, creativity, and engagement—instead of focusing purely on opposed effects
- Edited by way of leaders within the box with chapters written via a world staff of specialists from the U.S., united kingdom, Europe, and Australia
- Discusses subject matters equivalent to protection at paintings, know-how, operating occasions, work-family interplay, operating in groups , restoration, task calls for and activity assets, and disease absence
- Suitable for complex classes excited by paintings psychology as a sub self-discipline of labor and organizational psychology
- Didactic gains contain questions for dialogue, containers with sensible functions, extra studying sections, and a glossary
Read or Download An Introduction to Contemporary Work Psychology PDF
Best occupational & organizational books
Macht uns die Arbeit krank? Die WHO hält rigidity für eine der größten Gesundheitsgefahren des 21. Jahrhunderts - und Hauptstressquelle ist für viele die Arbeit. Unter Leistungs- und Zeitdruck entstehen Konkurrenzsituationen, die Mobbing begünstigen, Veränderungsdruck und Überforderung erzeugen Dauerstress.
Functionality administration provides an end-to-end sensible version of potent functionality administration that exhibits how you can increase and enforce functionality administration structures that yield base line effects. useful step-by-step suggestions and examplesRealities linked to imposing top practices and warding off universal pitfallsJobs and situations the place universal practices will and won't paintings wellProven techniques from prime organizationsInsights for everybody fascinated by functionality administration via senior management
Either as a practitioner and a philosopher, David Armstrong has, for a few years, been a number one determine the world over within the fields of organizational consultancy and workforce family. In papers awarded at a variety of gatherings -- in North the USA, Israel, Australia and Bulgaria, in addition to in mainland Europe and the uk -- he has produced a physique of labor within which he explores the sensible software of psychoanalytic considering in organizational contexts.
This e-book examines the problematic demanding situations confronted by means of ladies and households throughout the transition to motherhood. It provides specified theoretical and methodological methods to learning women’s transition from being staff to operating moms. Its concentration is at the influence of labor at the transition to motherhood, and the influence of motherhood on women’s operating preparations, paintings attitudes, paintings studies and views.
- Group Cohesion, Trust and Solidarity (Advances in Group Processes) (Advances in Group Processes)
- Advances in organisational psychology
- The Wiley-Blackwell handbook of the psychology of leadership, change and organizational development
- Jobs, Technology and People (Psychology Focus)
- Psychologie für Führungskräfte
- Talent Relationship Management: Competitive Recruiting Strategies in Times of Talent Shortage
Extra info for An Introduction to Contemporary Work Psychology
Twenge, J. M. (2011). S. song lyrics. Psychology of Aesthetics, Creativity, and the Arts, 5, 200–207. Doyle, C. E. (2003). Work and organizational psychology: An introduction with attitude. Hove: Psychology Press. Drucker, P. F. (1999). Management challenges for the 21st century. Oxford: Butterworth-Heinemann. , & Tennant Snyder, N. (2000). Mastering virtual teams: Strategies, tools, and techniques that succeed. San Francisco, CA: JosseyBass Publishers. Eurostat (2012). Unemployment statistics.
In knowledge work the level of information processing is high in order to produce intellectual performances. The changing workforce Along with the change in the nature of work, the composition of the workforce itself is also very different to the era when work design first became of psychological interest. About 50 years ago the demographic features of most People at Work work organizations were fairly homogeneous (William & O’Reilly, 1998). Many employees shared a similar ethnic background, were male and worked for the same employer throughout their working lives.
1987). Work is hell. New York: Pantheon Books. Hackman, J. , & Oldham, G. R. (1975). Development of the job diagnostic survey. Journal of Applied Psychology, 60, 159–170. Hochschild, A. R. (1983). The managed heart: Commercialization of human feelings. Berkeley: University of California Press. Ingham, J. N. (1966). A strike in the progressive era: McKees rocks, 1909. The Pennsylvania Magazine of History and Biography, 90, 353–377. International Labour Office (2012). Global employment trends: Preventing a deeper jobs c risis.